Friday, November 4, 2011

Dona Nobis Pacem



Dona Nobis Pacem/Give Us Peace

Today, on November 4, I’m taking a detour from my usual blogging to Blog for Peace. Those of you reading this on my photography blogs might react with a, “He promised that he wouldn’t get political in his blog posts on this site”. If you read just a little further, you’ll discover that I have kept my promise.

“Peace”, in my mind, is not and should not be a political word. Peace is a time when people are not in conflict with one another, and treat each other as they’d like to be treated- with respect, dignity, and understanding. True peace does not concern itself with ideology, religion, gender, social class, nation of origin, sexual orientation, or any other way that is commonly used to divide people into “us” and “them” categories. Peace is how you and I relate to each other on a one-to-one basis. I understand that these words are extremely idealistic. I also understand that here are circumstances when peace can only be attained or held onto through non-peaceful struggle. Still, as I travel in my own country and in other parts of the world, it is clear to me that we have more similarities than differences. As individuals, we all have a strong desire for peace for ourselves and those we care about. It is imperative for our own survival that, to the greatest degree possible, we “give peace a chance”. There is no substitute for peace.

Would you like to be part of this peace initiative next year? If so, follow this link:

http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/p/blogblast-for-peace-2011-how-to-get.html

Peace,

Kerry

1 comment:

  1. Aha! I remembered you had several blogs...you may say the same thing, but it is presented in a different way on each :-)

    Namaste

    [A link to your post will be on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' soon]

    ReplyDelete